With all the uncertainty floating around with events being cancelled (or not) due to Covid, we are pleased to announce that barring any unforeseen circumstances, Skamokawa and Quinault regattas will go ahead as planned!! The only uncertainty at the moment is will the Canadians be able to attend!.. Still waiting for the border to open on that one.
Check out the calendar page for updated information, NoR’s and links to Events.com for register online for these events. To assist in our planning we would ask that you register ahead of time (online is so easy even Paul V S can do it!) using the links provided… I’ll even include them here.
The dates have not changed for either event, there may be Covid protocols in place and we are expecting to provide the usual Saturday evening supper.
See you there!! (hopefully!)
Paul Evenden, Div 4 Chair
Division 4 Schedule *REVISED 5/31/21*
With 2020 being a bust for any organized regattas within the division, the executive held our meeting in November to plan for a better 2021. A regatta season has been planned with all the usual events, plus a few more added including the probability of hosting the Hobie 16 Youth NAC at Lake Quinault again in August.
The dates are all installed in the Calendar on this website and I am including a PDF version you can print off for yourself.
2021 Division 4 Schedule
Of course, all of these dates are wholly dependent upon the state of the nation(s) and the Covid restrictions that are in place at the time.
We will open Division regatta online registrations about 1 month before the event once we are confirmed the regatta will be able to go ahead. If you are not sure, please contact the regatta organizer listed to confirm if there are any changes. The calendar on this website will hopefully contain the most recent information.
Let’s hope for a better 2021!
Meanwhile, stay safe, stay healthy and have a Merry Christmas!!
Every 4 years World Sailing updates and changes the Racing Rules of Sailing based on proposals and corrections that are sent in over the course of the year. These are done after an Olympic year (which was supposed to be this year) so our new set comes in effect Jan 1 2021.
There are some significant changes that affect Race Officers, Judges and Sailors. There are changes the definitions and in Parts 1, 2 and 3.
The new rules are available on the World Sailing and are linked below
RRS 2021-2024 Study Version
Dave Perry’s Significant changes to the RRS 2021-2024
Division 4’s Paul Evenden will do a Zoom presentation on the new rules in Jan/ Feb 2021. Date will be announced early in the new year.
Also, for Regatta Organizers:
The NoR and SI template has changed a bit in keeping with the new rules. However they will not be published with the RRS for 2021-24. They are now located on the World Sailing website but I am including them here to make it easier to find!
Appendix K Notice of Race Template
Appendix L Sailing Instructions Template
To all… from the Div 4 Chair.
I have just had a meeting with some of our Div 4 executive and Regatta Organizers concerning the remaining regattas left on the Div 4 Calendar.
With venues still closed to public access (Quinault), a limit on size of gatherings and the current extended border closure, it has regretfully been decided to cancel all further scheduled activities on the Division 4 calendar. This includes regattas at Ocean Shores, Skamokawa and Quinalt and all of the MySail camps. We hope that things will improve considerably for next year so we can get back on track with our events.
Some people have been organizing fun sail weekends as a get-together and this is encouraged. Please be aware of your restrictions on numbers and do your utmost to stay healthy and safe. I have heard of only 1 person in our ‘family’ who was infected (don’t know who), so lets keep it that way….
Stay safe, stay healthy, do your part……
NRO, RMCC, CJ
Division 4 Chair
With the current situation we are seeing many major events around the world being cancelled or postponed. Unfortunately we are not immune from this also.
At the time of writing (April 4th) PSSR and Cultus Lake regattas are confirmed cancelled or postponed to later dates. Other possibles yet to be confirmed are Kelowna Springtime and the Jericho Classic. We will try to keep everyone informed as things develop and we would ask organizers to let us know if their event has been cancelled or postponed.
Either way, for all the sailors, make sure you check before planning to go anywhere when the current restrictions loosen up.
Meanwhile, keep your distances, stay healthy, and be safe!
Paul Evenden, Division 4 Chair.
updated June 2nd: Harrison Regatta cancelled. Check the Calendar page for updated information.