- The primary purpose of a chase boat is to assist sailors in distress and provide assistance to the committee boat.
- Chase boats require a minimum of two qualified boat operators.
- The ultimate responsibility for the chase boat lies with the operator. Hence the chase boat operator should determine who rides as chase boat crew.
- The minimum number of chase boats for each regatta is up to the race committee. A minimum of two chase boats plus the committee boat should be required to hold a regatta.
- Chase boats are not photography boats. Photographers should find their own ride. If there is a third chase boat it is the operator’s decision whether to take on extra passengers.
- Chase boats must meet the Coast Guard standards for powerboat operations.
Developed by Tim Dorwin and adopted November, 2016